thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbrx7

Solid State Member
i took you alls advice on the ram upgrade. but due to budget constraints i could only get another 256mb card. brought my total; ram up to 480. thought it would be 512 though. anyways, wow! what a difference playing games. much faster and smoother. so thanks everyone. any more tips?

It only brought it up to 480MB? Was it 256MB that you started with, before the upgrade? If so, then it sounds like you've got 32MB on-board graphics eating up a bit of your memory. If you're using a dedicated graphics card, you should go into the BIOS and disable your on-board graphics to obtain the full 512MB of RAM you've got.

TMT. :cool:

it has integrated graphics but when i installed the ati card it told me to go into the device manager and disable it. which i did. how do i disable it in bios?

nevermind, i figured it out. now that there is no integrated graphics how do i go about changing video cards in the future. i wont be able to see the screen? im planning on a 6600gt shortly.

computer has 512mb now, thanks!

it was $33 at the PX on Ft Polk. didnt have to pay shipping or tax.
they had 128mb, 256mb, and 1gb. they were out of the 512mb and wernt going to get any more in. i didnt want to spend $135 on the 1gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom