Hacking hotmail accounts?? huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcoax

Baseband Member
Is it possible to hack msn hotmail account to get the password? Its freaking scary. About 2 years ago, I remember my sister got into a fight with her friend, and then this "friend" said he would get into her account, change her password and tell mean things to the persons in her msn list. And guess what, he did it!! I couldnt believe it. I asked my sister if this person knew her secret question's answer. She told me it was *IMPOSSIBLE*.Even she didnt know it. It was something like "sf34wer2sd", something completely random. Today, this story came back to me. Since I'm doing a lot of ebay transactions with my hotmail account, I'm scared that somebody could get in and change the password, and there is money involved! How in the world did that 15 year old kid get into my sisters account? I am 100% positive that he didnt know the password of her account and even less the secret questions answer! My sister was PARANOID when it came to her msn account.

No, wait, it wasn't this friend who had done it. This guy had asked another person to hack it. This person had no contacts WHATSOEVER with my sister. They didnt even know eachother. This guy must have been 14 or 15 too.

Hacking hotmail has developed into quite a myth. Usually "hackers" use social engineering to get info about the person (like pets names, parents maiden name, favourite bands etc) which they could use for passwords or secret questions. Also, hackers could use programs to sniff though the cookies, and temporary internet files for internet passwords, but im not sure how this works, or even if it works at all. Then, there are the "wannabie hackers" who get hacked themselves. There are places on the net that tell you to type in your address, your password, and the hotmail address you want to hack in, and send it to a cirtain address, and it sends back the password to the victims email. Those methods arnt true, some guy sets up a email address like: passwordrecovery1211@hotmail.com , writes up that article, and people send him usernames and passwords. Also, sometimes people create email addresses like emailchecker@hotmail.com and send emails to people to check if that account is still active, and to keep your account from deletion they have to send there username and password within 7 days. Sometimes works with stupid people.

So, as long as you use complex passwords, and always tick the "i am using a public computer" box whenever you are on a public computer, you should be fine.

Wayne

I once in year 5, i did a bit of social engeneering and got a person in my classes secret answer. I changed his password and got access to his account. He got so pissed, i gave it back to me. The only reason i did it is because he challenged me to try. And it was so easy. Im in year 9 now, and he's in year 10 and i still piss him off about it :- )

trojans are popular, although today email software can detect these gigaflops away. basically, the system is locked down, so the hacker sends the victim a file hoping it will get downloaded. The file has the ability to run silently, opening up the computer to all sorts of attacks.

as a project, A trojan was dropped to a couple of my friends, and you could log keystrokes. you could even watch what is going on by tapping into their webcam, if they have one. scary stuff.

If they had physical access they could install trojan horses. Or they installed a keylogger and accessed the file. Brute force crackers would take like 100 years on a password like that due to the fact that it is complex and authencation is over the web. Maybe a dictionary attack would work if that pass wasnt so complex. That password has
1,316,217,038,422,671,366 combinations. Maybe your sister overlooked the possibility that he saw her type it in. Not many 13,14, 15 year old kids are capable of a trojan infection and remote access to a computer. And you can eliminate the brute force possibility.

Im able to infect people with trojans and im 13, not an ability im proud of but at least i know if theres somebody whos getting on my nerve i can make his computing life a living hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom