how does a person go about creatinga comp.software program

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea. school.

first, you'll need to see which OS your working with, i assume its windows. then you know your working with window libraries. you'll need compilation software like visual c++. you'll be coding in the c++ developing language if thats your thing. it isn't too hard if you are in for it big time. there are plenty of schools out there. always a good experience. you dont have to go to college, there are specialty schools out there....

Consider the platform.

Like he said, paltform must be taken into account.

For Cross-Platform, use Java. Why?

1) Open source, unlike J++ from Microsoft (if Sun would have taken the initiative and sued microsoft for closing an open platform, making it proprietary, and charging for it);

2) Java runs on top of byte-code, which is basically cross-platform compatible, and then use the compiler for that platform. C++, COBALT, etc compile to assembly code. (from the way it's been explained to me from my FCS teacher)

3) Java is usable on the Internet as well as standalone workstation, whereas you have to use Active X for the Internet, and C++ for the standalone machine (from the way it's been explained to me from my FCS teacher)

If I'm wrong, forgive me, those are the fragments i remember

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom