Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Needs serious revisions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
Who here is getting Longhorn when it comes out? Me....thats going to be a tough decision. It looks like its going to be way too media oriented for me. I think M$ needs to rethink its mission. Its operating systems they are supposed to be building, not a complete media experience with music and 3D rendered GUIs and all that other crap. I personally will wait until I have a need or a use for Longhorn before I make the upgrade. XP is working fine and dandy.

fact of the matter is.....people are still using NT 4.0 and 2000 because they are just fine and dandy for their needs. Microsoft pushed Longhorn from a 2004 release to latter 2006. If a company pushed a product back 2 years, would you go buy it right away after it was finally released?
Personally, i'll wait for the 1st or 2nd service pack like any other major OS or piece of software.

If Microsoft is your only choice.....which in SOME cases it is......
Home users should stick with XP for a while......
and Office users should stick with 2000 or XP for a while.

There would be no immediate reason to switch to Longhorn. Unless you are just a geek and want to try it out......but chances are, you've already seen it in some form of beta and really don't care.

Currently Xp is fine for me. When longhorn comes out, im going save up a decent amount of money and build myself a beast of a computer, but until i get that money, and longhorn comes out, XP for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom