ABit Fatal1ty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
This was written a couple months ago. No doubt a lot of you have probably already seen this but it's just insane:

http://www.anandtech.com/printarticle.aspx?i=2270

It's a good Intel board from ABit, supposed to be the best as far as gaming, overclocking, temps and even style for that matter.

I think Intel won one of the benches lol, as far as gaming benches go it just can't keep up with the nforce4 chipset and FX-55 and AMD64 4000+

BUT this isn't an AMD vs Intel type thing, they were just merely showing how it performs overall and compared to other current top CPU Contenders on the market.

Just imagine.....The ABit Nubius AX9 :p

Man, that dude is pretty freaking popular! I seen him on TV before, but i dident think anyone cared that much about him. Now they are creating mobo's after him! Omfg, all he does is play video games lol.

Nevermind him, thats a pretty fat board. I like the way its setup, also love those dual fans. Yeah im pretty surprised they used a card like that too. So that mobo is coming out almost 2006..?

Yeah crappy graphics card, but it's a combination of the somewhat cool design and the fact he's freakin 19 and a 'professional gamer' what the hell...I want to take that career lol.

Like I said, The ABit Nubius XX9Deuce will be available by 2010 :D

Well here it goes....

First off, lets creat a mobo designed for gamers, but make it intel rather than amd. (problem # 1) A gaming motherboard that uses a socket 775 cpu. I am sure there are better options. (problem # 2) With all that extra cooling around the ram and cpu sockets You cant fit an after market hsf on there. (problem # 3) Wouldnt a socket 939 be better for this gaming motherboard? So it could last a little longer. (problem #4) Then there is the 'professional gamer', they need a caption that says "Im too cool for school." I hardly think its worth the 250 is going for.

So in conclusion, I think its a failed attempt at a intel gaming mobo.

AND_YOU_ARE your right, i would think they would of made a AMD version. I dident read everything, so it probably said Intel only. It sounds like that dude is going to have his howl line up of gaming hardware. He probably signed a contract with Intel, or soon will. But AMD will have their mobo beast.

The AMDers won't have to wait very long for a board like this. The Abit NF8-V/NF8/NF8 Fatal1ty should be released very soon. The nVidia nForce chipsets were always better than the VIA ones, so I'm not surprised they aren't releasing an Abit AX8 Fatal1ty.

Um...mega, that is completley one sided as VIA performed better on everything than nVIDIA nForce did. Look at some of the comaprisons of both of the chipsets, nForce had all kinds of strange little problems here and there and just wasnt perfected enough as VIA was.

I am not forming bias on that opinion because I am a die-hard nVIDIA fan.

As for this Abit mobo, what a strange thing to do...but it looks kinda cool, lets just hope it lives up to its reputation.

AND_YOU_ARE said:
Well here it goes....

First off, lets creat a mobo designed for gamers, but make it intel rather than amd. (problem # 1) A gaming motherboard that uses a socket 775 cpu. I am sure there are better options. (problem # 2) With all that extra cooling around the ram and cpu sockets You cant fit an after market hsf on there. (problem # 3) Wouldnt a socket 939 be better for this gaming motherboard? So it could last a little longer. (problem #4) Then there is the 'professional gamer', they need a caption that says "Im too cool for school." I hardly think its worth the 250 is going for.

So in conclusion, I think its a failed attempt at a intel gaming mobo.

Right on dude...right on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom