Built New Computer -- Please Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingOfHearts

Baseband Member
Ok, I just finished building my new computer from scratch. Well, I have put it all together but I keep getting this error. Here is the problem. I turned it on and it booted up, but after it does all of it checks, it just sits there and says "Boot From CD:"

I don't know what to do from here. I tried putting in my Windows XP cd, but that didn't do anything. I didn't install a floppy drive because I figured I wouldn't need one. What is the problem? I want to fix this so badly.

Thanks for any help.

ok that means u have a cd in your cd/dvd drive so put ur windows disk in and hit any key that should do it or theres something else wrong

did u format ur harddrive yet. if u have another computer that has a floppy u should go to the manufature web site of ur hard drive make a format disk for ur harddrive. make sure every thing is plugged in right and i suggest getting a floppy drive they are cheap. ur cd drive could be bad also, Mine was and i had to get a new one. so if all else fails try that

listen if it says boot from cd then it means that you have a cd in your drive and the computer knows that, you need to press any key preferrably enter and it will begin your install from there you will do all the necessary before you can boot in your os

--Socom, I don't know how I can't even get access to the floppy if I had one because no matter what I do it comes up to this "Boot from CD" message.

--Megadeth, I tried hitting enter, but it didn't do anything.

I tried hitting F9 on startup which is something like "Express Recovery" or something like that. Then it brings me to the same black screen, but now it says "No HPA Enabled Drive, Press Any Key To Boot". So then I press any key and it goes right to the "Boot From CD" message. Is there some special way to hook up a SATA hardrive or something? I don't need 2 of them since my mobo is RAID capable do I?

What are your specs.Try either f12 or f11.Is this a store bought Cd with windows on it.If not it probably isnt bootable.I dont like not having a A: for that reasion.Go into your bios and chand the boot order to disable a: and make the CDrom the 1st boot option.when you boot up you can hit the paus key to read the bios screen better so do that and see if you can see what key is for boot options.Mine is f12.

Make sure your jumpers on you hd and cd are set properly. One needs to be master and the other slave.If the cd it not set right it wont read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom