3GHz FX-53

Status
Not open for further replies.
The HTT is the same because they didn't raise the clock speed via the HTT, they raised it with the multiplier so it had no effect on the overall HTT Bus.

I'd personally like to see some shots of ChipX's setup. I've only seen one screen shot of CPU-Z from him inwhich he didn't answer my questions. Beyond that, it'd be weird that he could afford all that stuff and not have a digital camera to take pics of it?

I want to see some pictures of his case and whatever cooling he's got otherwise I'm always a bit distrusting of such claims.

I'm distrusting his claims also. I know there is a guy on AMD Tech who pushed his FX-55 to 3.9 GHz. He showed everyone as screen of his case, CPU-Z, sisoft sandra, and all other evidence. ChipX just has it in his sig, what good does that do us? I mean come on!

Jeez FX-55 at 3.9GHz?! That's ridiculous, got a link to that article, review or whatever it was megadeth?

Just think in the future, I bet in like 5 years even although that may be pretty soon, AMD will have a 5GHz chip and Intel will need 10GHz to compete with it, and then people who don't know about computers will just be even more confused

"well intels says 10GHz and AMD says 5GHz so the Intel MUST be better"

If you watch the stock market Intel has been continually slipping down.

I'm in no way saying they are bad processors, but their money hungry marketing schemes is finally costing them it seems. AMD puts all their money towards CPU's for the customers.

WARNING: These are my opinions simple as that. Not bashing Intel or anything, I just like AMD and it's cool to see them come up and get recognition. Any people with 'Yeah but Intel...' might as well just stop because this isn't up for arguements or anything like that

jblaze725, you dont know what your talking about. If you dident gain much, then why would people waste thier time....? You gain ALOT from OC.

I got a Athlon 3500 Newcastle. When i complete my system im going to OC it. Its at 2.2ghz, if i got it at 2.4ghz i would see a huge proformance leap. Witch that is my goal 2.4ghz stable.

Athlon is a brand of processor. You have an AMD64 3500+ not an Athlon 3500

I don't know if you'd see a HUGE performance leap with only 200MHz OC but of course you'd see a performance increase definitely, no questioning that.

You should be able to hit 2.4GHz stable though as long as your cooling is decent enough

This is an article i found in tomshardware.com:

Intel delays BBUL processor package

By Wolfgang Gruener, Senior Editor

January 13, 2005 - 15:00 EST

"Chicago (IL) - Intel will delay the introduction of a new processor package that is designed to integrate silicon inside the package instead of attaching a chip and package. The technology originally was scheduled to become available by 2006.

Bumpless Build-Up Layer (BBUL) packaging was first presented to the public in October 2001 and considered a key component to scale processor speeds to eight GHz by 2005 and to beyond 15 GHz by 2007. "

if they ever get that proccess done we will see some major processor speed leaps.

Dang Xteam that is insane. 8GHz by this year and 15GHz by 2007!?! Wow, Wonder if they'll get to 100+GHz in my time. Then if they ever reach 1000GHz it'd be what? Pentahertz or something like that? 1PHz Processor :p

BOGGLES THE MIND

Just like I wonder what graphics will look like in 2020

Nubius said:
Dang Xteam that is insane. 8GHz by this year and 15GHz by 2007!?! Wow, Wonder if they'll get to 100+GHz in my time. Then if they ever reach 1000GHz it'd be what? Pentahertz or something like that? 1PHz Processor :p

BOGGLES THE MIND

Just like I wonder what graphics will look like in 2020

yeah man, i cant even imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom