Wierd laptop battery problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustOwnin

Solid State Member
I have an hp pavilion zv5000 laptop and everytime I boot without hte power cord it turns right off after showing the HP screen before loading windows xp. Everytime i boot it with the power cord it loads right up.

Now here is where the wierdness comes in. When I load up winxp with the power cord in and then take it out once winxp is loaded it runs off the battery.

Anybody know how to fix this or can point me in the right direction?

Well, thats a weird problem. Either sometimes your battery is not charged, or your battery is bunk.

The battery is fully charged when this occurs. Plus if i boot up like I indicated and then just let it run the battery lasts as long as it's suppose to and I put the cord back in to charge it up.

It is possible that it crashes during bootup when it is not plugged in because the battery is not supplying enough voltage to meet the systems demands. How old is your battery? Do you do a lot of really taxing stuff such as 3d gaming or video rendering on your laptop? If you do do a lot of other very intensive stuff and the problem does not occur at those times then this is less likely to be a problem.

The laptop is relatively new. This crackhead got a hold on to some hp pavilon zv5000 and ze4800 laptops and is selling them for 200 to 300 a pop brand new so a whole lot of people in my neighborhood are walking with laptop cases.

I don't do anything on here besides my homework and I haven't even installed doom 3 or halo so the whole battery going old is one.

But one night I stayed up all night and watched naruto episodes and then left it on closed with a pillo over it. Did it ver hear the battery off or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom