XP Boot Disks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually...it kinda looks like you're angry...

Are you angry, TheMajor: :(

Do you need a nap?

Who wants a shell-script?

Do you need a warm red-bull?

Sit back, relax...watch some StarTrek...it's okay...life is nice and GUI...

Aright to answer most of your questions:

I didn't mess up my dads laptop, HE messed up his own laptop, I just have to pay the price of constantly keeping it clean.

Nothing freezes at all, it'll boot into windows just fine, but when I'm at the command prompt and try C: or CD C: or Format C: it says invalid disk. The HD's are also noticed in the BIOS of course since I can boot into it.

Yes I got the setup files from microsofts site. You download a single .exe and when you click it, it begins the setup process and asks you to specify which drive you want the files (A:\) and then to insert the floppy, it copies files, asks for next floppy and so on.

It seems that it's a case of needing to redo the disks and/or better disks because these are some rather old floppies.

hope it helps Nubius

kinda wierd that it's giving you an invalid disk once you're in the os though... seems very
umm very
odd

I'm not in the OS when it gives me that error. I'm at a dos prompt and when it's at A: and I try to change directory to go to the D: which is the CD-ROM or C: for the main Hard drive is when it says invalid disk =/

Blarg, like I said I think he'll wind up trading it in for a newer more updated one. I think the thing is on it's last leg regardless of installing WinXP but I gotta exhaust every possible attempt first so my dad absolutely believes me that theres no other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom