LCD vs. CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIN

In Runtime
I'm in the market for a new monitor and I heard that the only draw back is that the lcd's have a low refresh rate so they are not ideal for games. I'd like to know if this is still a big issue.

If not I like every other aspect of them except for the price of course.

ive have heard the same thing. I think u should just go with a crt the are cheaper and if that comment is true ur getting more bang for u buck.

it is not if you get a decent monitor with a good refresh rate. My Dell 2001FP has a 16ms refresh rate which is plenty, but you'll probly want more than 25 which is typical.

CRT have better picture quality due to the higher refresh rate. LCD monitors have decent picture quality due to the lower refresh rates.

I can tell you off the bat, that my old Dell monitor (that came with my PIII) has better picture quality than my current HP LCD monitor that I got recently.

Oh yeah, you'll be suprised how many people think LCD are alot better then CRT. Dont forget the most resolution LCD offer is 1200/1200. While CRT offer 2000/2500. Witch is the most resolution you will see on the market. Besides the fact that CRT offer alot more resolution, they are less expensive.

Would you rather pay 450$ for a 18inch LCD with 1200/700 resolution. Or pay 450$ for a 21 inch CRT with 2000/1600 resolution. Plus, if your looking on a LCD screen, from different angles, you get those very dark shades. You dont have that problem with CRT. Thats also why people dont buy those LCD TV's, their pictures lack depth and have those horrible shades from different view points.

Heres a link to Viewsonics CRT monitors. Absolute best CRT's out there.
http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktopdisplays/crtmonitors/

I am actully looking for my dad and I thought I talked him into a crt because of the price but he went to best buy and go a samsung lcd. I have a samsung 955df crt from a few years ago and has good picture quality. this Liquid crap display looks no where near as good in games or videos. Plus the it just doesn't look right and just hard to look at. the text seems to be a little broken up and blurry also. For the price the CRT is still king in my book. function over style anyday.

Yes, for gaming and watching DVD's a CRT is a must have. Anything else, a good LCD will do. I try watching DVD movies on my Samsung Syncmaster 152T and it does a good job of displaying the movie, but you can see the dark areas and have to adjst the monitor all the way up to see the movie. Ridiculous.

Text is very clear and crisp and shows pictures very well. Gameplay is fast, but blurry compared to CRT. If you play a lot of games, get the CRT. Cheaper and you're getting excellent performance. I need table space to do homework so LCD fits perfectly for me. I'm not a hardcore gamer, but like to play some good games every now and then. I'm thinking about mounting this monitor on the wall to eliminate clutter completely. It came with a wall mounting bracket, anchors, screws, template so that's good.

yeah, im not going to buy LCD monitors until they become much better, and cheaper. The next monitor im going to buy is probly a 19in CRT

My viewsonic's refresh rate can go up to 85hertz and it is a 16ms monitor. Very good for games, including Doom3 at my LCD's max res.

Oh and NIN, can't wait till that new album comes out! We should be getting a single within the next month or two. I already got a notice in my email from NIN.com that they are going to tour in the UK first too, which means a full US tour should be soon after. PM me if you want to chat about Nine Inch Nails because I am a huge fan.

i have the nec 19 inch crt supre bright diamondtron wiht 3 lvls of preset brightnesss. best monitor ive ever seen. hit suprebright lvl 1 for games and lvl 2 for dvds, its great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom