Daemon Poster
ok i just got a 3.0ghz 800mhz fsb p4 ht
1 sony dvd burner
1 samsung 120 gb 7200rpm
1 stick corsair value 533mhz ddr2
nvidea 6600gt pcix
1 80mm fan
400w psu No namer lol

now i only have 1 ide on my mobo and 1 floppy how do i hook my hdd and my burner up at the same time because right now i cant even get windows installed becase when the dvd burner works the hard drive doesnt and when the hard driveworks the dvd burner dont

how do i do it

then i dont think my psu is enought because when i give power to my pcix my computer doesnt turn on i think i need a new psu which isnt a problem so i have an old pci card in there now and starts up. Is it really my psu i mean come on thats rediculuos LOL

and i have a few extra cablse left from my case to my mobo but i look in my mobo book and it doesnt tell me where to put these little ones they are labeled
1 +vcc
1 d-
1 d+
ground

then i have another one that are the same thing just with 2 i think it is my front usb and i know where the usb power things are on the mobo but does it matter what pin# they are on

thanks i know its a lot to read lol

Only ONE IDE??? That is weird... Well, make sure you have your HDD as master and the DVD-R as slave. I know it sounds simple but it doesn't hurt to doublecheck.

Let us know whats up.

i thought it was weird to but thats it
ive got the ecs board with agp express and pcix and 2 1x pcix
and 2 pci normal

I only have one IDE also. The thing is that IDE/UATA/PATA 66/100/133 is kind of outdated technology and motherboard manufacturers do not want to incorporate older technology into newer boards even if the chipsets have support. Check to see if your board has SATA/SATAII 150 ports. Most boards have two or four of those (some have 8, but that is unlikely). If it does then you have two options. You can purchase IDE/UATA/PATA to SATA/SATAII converters and install you excess drives via converter and SATA/SATAII ports. Or, the other option is return the drives you can't install and purchase SATA versions of those drives. The second option is cost-effective since SATA drives are, in the first place, cheaper than IDE/UATA/PATA drives.

my uncle just biult a computer and by mistake he bought ide drives instead of sata becuase he is doin raid0. He says they work great and also lights flash on when the hard drive is working. becuase u cant hook sata to the motherboard light it only works with ide. if u get one i shoudl work great. My uncle has had no problems with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom