Recording TV on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
AND_YOU_ARE said:

This is a great video card. You have the option of three different levels in the mpeg1 and mpeg2. You can record to dvd drive and many different file qualities. It is a very good card and suggest any one to look into it.

Does this card come with any good software that will record from cable to the harddrive?

Yes it comes with its own software that records. It has amny options, tivo like options, it can be set up to record the same hour every tuesday of the year, it can record just the show. It also has video editing software so you an cut out the comercials or anything else. I record from cable and attena all the time.

Does any one have any software that takes a mpeg video and burns it onto a DVD to be played on a DVD player (not just to burn it onto a DVD-R but to take a video file and make it into a DVD).

You can record to the following options:

mpeg1 - noraml quality
mpeg1 - good quality
mpeg1 - optimal quality
mpeg2 - normal quality
mpeg2 - good quality
mpeg2 - optimal quality
VCD
Super VCD
DVD
Windows Media Video
Uncompressed AVI
Direct Burn VCD
Direct Burn Super VCD
Direct Burn DVD

You can hange the resloution it records are, the video quality, the data rate, the video codec. With all this you can make your own custom settings.

I havent tried the direct burn to a dvd, but i assume it would make it like a dvd, playable on a dvd player.

Good to know that it can directly burn to DVDs.

Is there any software that will take an existing mpeg or a AVI and put it on a DVD to be played on a DVD player?

You can find video conversion software all over the place. The software which comes with this tv tuner card gives you the ability to convert your video file into any other compression or type of video file.

If you google avi to dvd I am sure you can come up with something. I know I have a few different titles of software to do this, I could dig them up and tell you them when i find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom