Mouse going haywire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiking

Baseband Member
I don't know if it is my mouse or computer usb port acting up. My microsoft optical mouse is not recognize by the usb port at certain times. I am force to disconnect it from the port and then put it back into. At times I get a message saying it does not recognize the hardware. When I take it out again and put it in again it finds it and the mouse is usable again. This happens off and on.

Could it be the mouse losing signal or could it be my usb port? Maybe a new usb driver for the laptop? I doubt it though.

BTW, does anyone have the link to list of microsoft update drivers?

Have you tried a different usb port, I assume you have more than one. Also you could look for a usb to ps2 adapter so you can plug your mouse into the ps2 port. Or maybe its time to get a new mouse.

Go on microsoft.com and find the drivers. They have a very structured site that is easy to navigate.

Yeah, sounds like either your mouse drivers aren't right, or your USB drivers aren't right.

Do you have any problems with your other USB devices?

Thanks all. I don't think it's mine computer usb port because I tried it with other devices and everything works perfect. It's just when I use the mouse that it acts up. Like right now, it seems to work okay but after a while, maybe a day or two it¨'ll give way.

HI,

I have the same problem with the mouse.
Occasionally when I boot up the windows the mouse doesn't works.
I pull out and plug in and it works again.

I tried to find some signs as what could cause it, but it does absolutely randomly. For a week doesn't do, then the next week it does 2,3 or even more times.

The strangest part is that I had the same problem with my old computer. Now I have a brand new one, and still does.
It's really annoying!! :rolleyes:

Rudolf

yeah, like I would have a ps/2 mouse. In fact I hate usb mouse but for whatever reason I never bothered myself to change it
I might do in the close future ;)

Rudolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom