Fan on RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if I did the duct mod I'd still have to figure a way to get the fan on the RAM to connect the end of the duct to right? :p

I tried a D27 beta version modded BIOS by Merlin, a lot of people were showing 270+ FSB's on their NF7-S v2, but I flashed my BIOS to it and I was having major instability issues, I think it was due to SATA corruption. I think from what I gathered most of the OC'ers were using IDE drives and didn't have to worry about that.

Also, is this the kind of Vdimm mod you're doing?

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=29&num=1

Nubius said:
Well if I did the duct mod I'd still have to figure a way to get the fan on the RAM to connect the end of the duct to right? :p

I tried a D27 beta version modded BIOS by Merlin, a lot of people were showing 270+ FSB's on their NF7-S v2, but I flashed my BIOS to it and I was having major instability issues, I think it was due to SATA corruption. I think from what I gathered most of the OC'ers were using IDE drives and didn't have to worry about that.

Also, is this the kind of Vdimm mod you're doing?

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=29&num=1

well if you used the metal ducting stuff (like what you see behind your dryer) it shapes itself. you just bend it the way you need it and it should stay right above the RAM's. but i dunno if it's the same with small ducting...it might be like paper and not hold its shape.

thats the EXACT link i was referred to when told about the VDIMM mod.

Nubius,

- You are using a modified BIOS?
- What kind of extra features or improvements does it have?

Thx

well if you used the metal ducting stuff (like what you see behind your dryer) it shapes itself. you just bend it the way you need it and it should stay right above the RAM's. but i dunno if it's the same with small ducting...it might be like paper and not hold its shape.
That is the stuff I had in mind but I figured it wouldn't hold shape. I mainly wanted it for the CPU as I think any direct airflow on the RAM would be more than sufficient.

thats the EXACT link i was referred to when told about the VDIMM mod.
lol crazy, I don't have a solder that fine nor the skills to do it, although it perked my interest :p

Are the Samsung TCCD's rated at 3.5V like those Winbond BH-5 or do you know? I didn't realize that actually the high performance RAMs could handle so much voltage easily! Think those Patriots could withstand that ? I'm really interested in that mod now, but lets see if I can do the Vdd mod with no problems :p

- You are using a modified BIOS?
- What kind of extra features or improvements does it have?
Some offer better stability, less voltage, things of that nature. This is purely for the NF7-S v2 boards though.

Nubius said:
Are the Samsung TCCD's rated at 3.5V like those Winbond BH-5 or do you know? I didn't realize that actually the high performance RAMs could handle so much voltage easily! Think those Patriots could withstand that ? I'm really interested in that mod now, but lets see if I can do the Vdd mod with no problems :p

i looked all over but simply cannot find a "max rated voltage" for the patriot kits. I would imagine 3.4v is max, but that's only because i've never seen a higher 24/7 vdimm. theres just so many revisions and chips and kits...it's hard to pinpoint a voltage, and even at that every module is diff...soem might like 3.2v orthers might need 3.5v. i'd say a safe 24/7 voltage would be 3.3v, and if you are lucky then 3.5v will run you even better. but i could be completely wrong and they might have tested them up to like 3.8v :0 i'll keep looking over the weekend if i can. i think i can ask a few people who are bound to know, they practically married there computers:)

lol yeah I'd really like to know, I still doubt I could actually solder that though but it's got me really intrigued. I'd hate to pump 3.3v into them and they just die on me! :eek:

Thanks for looking into that a little 4W4K3, very cool :D

7066064.jpg

^^^ that stuff.

Ahh I see trifid lol

Yeah I think I'll sooner try making a bracket. Thanks for the idea and even finding an image though! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom