Longhorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current alpha versions dont run well even on the latest computers. But once Microsoft has tweaked it more for the final release, i heard the minimum requirements is around 450mhz, 256mb ram, 64mb graphics (bit more than double xp). With all the graphics put up on high, youll need much faster hardware.

waynejkruse10 said:
The current alpha versions dont run well even on the latest computers. But once Microsoft has tweaked it more for the final release, i heard the minimum requirements is around 450mhz, 256mb ram, 64mb graphics (bit more than double xp). With all the graphics put up on high, youll need much faster hardware.

I heard it was 2.0 gig but too really work it would need a 3 gig or more.

I know a 450 mhz wouldn't work on the beta copy I have now.

IAM_7154 said:
If I had to guess Id say like $250

im guessin more than $300.....right now XP Pro W/ Service Pack 2 is $299 list price....so wit a new OS i'd say its gonna be up there at $300 or more...

we will b saying things like "i can run windows on max reso ha ha with 8x AA etc"

Yeah, I actually had Longhorn Beta on my computer and personally I think its just a load of crap, one big resource hog, and seems it has been made for inexperienced users.

The sidebars take up way too much room and although you can minimize them its still poor.

I will wait till the proper version comes and then have a look at it to see ehat I think but for now I'm pretty happy with XP although sometimes it does have its share of problems.

The sidebars take up way too much room and although you can minimize them its still poor.

The original release date was 2006...then 2007, then they cut something from the package and pushed it back to 2006 again.

As far as the sidebar, I'm using Desktop Sidebar and have been for several months now and I don't mind the space it takes up now. At first it bothered me but now the only time I hide it is while I work on web pages.
page2.html
Liz

southernlady said:
The original release date was 2006...then 2007, then they cut something from the package and pushed it back to 2006 again.

As far as the sidebar, I'm using Desktop Sidebar and have been for several months now and I don't mind the space it takes up now. At first it bothered me but now the only time I hide it is while I work on web pages.
page2.html
Liz

that was Winfs

When you first load it and login, don't touch it for 2 hours so everything will load properly. then apply this batch file (one of the thing it does is disable Win FS) and it will act right

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=242674#post242674

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom