PC Cooler :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikon

Baseband Member
Today i got bored, with a spare case sitting right next to me, and some parts on the side, i decided to make a "Bawls" cooler and am quite happy with the ammount of cooling it provides (expected less) anyways hers what i did:

I took everything out but the PSU, the mobo and the fans (6) I then mounted the fans in a row, on a metal mount with holes in it (so it gets air) once the fans where in place i took clear plexy glass and had 6 "Can sized" holes cut in it with a small saw,
i placed it over the top of the case and put a bit of blue LED inside, and stuck the warm bawls in, took a shower and returned to some nice refreshing gold bawls, pics soon if i get access to a digi cam.

You have all 6 fans lined up togather? Maybe you dident, but its a better idea to spread them out. Another thing, its better to have more exhaust. I dont know what size fans they are, im guessing 80mm fans. I also dont know their CFM. But i suggest you get 2 120mm fans. One intake, Second exhaust. Make sure for 120mm fans, the CFM is around 70-100+. If you wanted to replace those 80mm fans, make sure their CFM is around 40-80+.
The better the CFM, less amount of fans. Equals less case modding.

I also did something similar. I had an old case laying around so i took nine fans and put 4 on the top 2 in the back and 2 on the side and 1 on the front and i am making a window and i will soon be done.

How can you cool your drinks with just fans? It would only cool the drinks to the temp of the air its pulling in wouldn't it? So if the air outside is 70 Degrees, your drinks wouldn't get very cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom