Anti-Virus/Spyware Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeZ_NutZ_805

Baseband Member
im bout to reformat my pc, due to bullshit spyware n viruses n what not

jus wonderin what programs r recommended for efficiency and low cpu usage...

right now im runnin

Norton Anti-Virus 2004
Zone Alarm Pro
Spyware Doctor
PC Boost
FreeRAM XP

lookin for possible alternatives.....any suggestions r appreciated

norton really sucks up resources, try trendmicro pc-cillin. Spybot search&destroy is free and pretty effective.

Lose all of the SPYWARE software.
Just get Mozilla Firefox. 100% Spyware Proof.
It does not allow sites to automatically install "software" or spyware and it blocks all of the popups
www.firefox.com

I use Norton Anti-Virus Version 7 (Corporate/Gold Server EDT.). Yes I know it's old but I get free live update for the rest of my life without having to subcribe every year for 29.99 or whatever they want.

i heard an av program called kaspersky (sp?) is more efficient than norton and uses less of ur cpu.....true??and is it reliable?

I use Antivir Personal Edition, Spy Sweeper and Ad-Aware and I have not had a problem because of them

If Antivir were not free, I would still be willing to pay for it.
Antivir uses up very little resources, is really fast, and has so far detected every virus that's tried to infect my system

i have to say thank you to southernlady for pointin me towards that microsoft anti spyware program..works real good...got off those damn istbar files finally....adaware, and norton wouldnt get rid of em cuz of the protector files...but the ms program did....thanks :-D

Lose all of the SPYWARE software.
Just get Mozilla Firefox. 100% Spyware Proof.
It does not allow sites to automatically install "software" or spyware and it blocks all of the popups
If this was a perfect world, and Firefox was a perfect product, and that was the only way spyware got onto a computer, you might be right. But you're not. :confused:

Anyway, I run Norton Corp AV and the SP2 firewall as my virus defenses. After that I have Ad-Aware and SpywareBlaster for the spyware/malware/host-file stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom