What can I do to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eep, I thought you said "how is that a socket 939 board", guess my eyes are playing tricks on me, sorry about that.

MSI builds really nice boards that aren't ridicolously overpriced, I think I may buy either an abit or a MSI when the time comes to rebuild. Gets my thumbs up.

DFI Lanparty NFII Ultra-B (will be selling old board)
AMD Athlon XP 3000+
Mushkin Dual Pack DDR400 2x512 http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-299&depa=1 (will be selling old RAM)
eVGA GeForce FX5500 (GeForce MX4000 will be sold)
Thermalright SI-97 + Vantec Tornado + Vantec Nexus Fan controller
2xSeagate 36.6 GB U320 (instead of one) RAIDed # (which ever one is with files split on two identical decreasing access times) (OS installed on this)

Everything else will remain the same. So, how does this look?

Seems good enough, that should overclock pretty well with proper cooling, your hard drives are tight though! Wow, RAID 0 with those babies will be lightning fast.

Well, courtesy of my father, we have 13 U320 hard drives @ home which he stripped from computers that were going to be junked. We have so many, but not enough controllers! HAH! Do you think that cooling that I chose will be good?

Oh yeah, the volcanoe does a pretty good job of keeping things cool, I've heard it can be pretty noisy though.

Uhh...Volcano? I'm going to use a Thermalright SI-97 + Vantec Tornado + Vantec Nexus Fan Controller. As far as noise is consider, THE LOUDER THE BETTER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom