OCing a Pentium 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hartman

Baseband Member
I know that Pentium 3s are multiplier locked and I can't change any settings in my BIOS, so what program will allow me to increase the bus speed from 100mhz to 133mhz?

If you cant change FSB through the bios, you can change it by changing jumpers directly on your motherboard.

SoftFSB is a popular program, but it has to be compatible with your IC's on your board.

What P3 do you have? I think the 600E's (ones with 256kb cache) were able to hit ~933MHz. they were beasts! lmao. I have one but mobo is NOT overclockable :(

Well, I have a mobo socket 939 AMD that have an OC program built in. Ahh, I can multiply highest x16, it is now @ x11. my FSB now is 2GHz.

4W4K3 said:
SoftFSB is a popular program, but it has to be compatible with your IC's on your board.

What P3 do you have? I think the 600E's (ones with 256kb cache) were able to hit ~933MHz. they were beasts! lmao. I have one but mobo is NOT overclockable :(

I do have a 256kb L2 cache but I'm not sure if I have the 600E. WCPUID doesn't tell me. My motherboard is an Asus Kestrel Rev. 1. This is an old HP machine by the way.

Does anyone know of a tutorial for changing the jumper settings on the motherboard?

Intel Pentium III E 650mhz MMX SSE

Core speed: 651.5
Multiplier: x6.5
FSB: 100.2 mhz
Bus Speed: 100.2 mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom