change resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
hi, in windows xp i stupidly set my reso to 1600X1200, sometimes my monitor allows it(with screen scrolling) sometimes not, this time not, is there anyway i can boot a program to reset my screen resolution? because now i start the computer and won't display anything once the GUI is loaded? i don't wanna have to reinstall again.

Not sure if you can fix the problem through this method or not, but booting in safe mode will automatically set to resolution to 640x480(I think), and from there you might be able to change your resolution, although I've never tried before so I wouldn't know for sure.

thx 4 the try but that changes the reso in safe mode only and only gives u that one reso option. thx ne way

All right, you may be able to navigate with your keyboard and successful reset your resolution, although this may vary.

Once you know Windows has loaded successfully, right click your mouse, this should hopefully right click your desktop. Hit the up arrow on your keyboard and press enter. This should hopefully bring up your properties.

Now, if you have the default theme installed, you should only have to press TAB four times, however, if you have a custom theme installed, you will have to press it five times. This should bring you up to the tabs, in which you can press the right arrow 4 or more times to bring you to the settings tab.

Press tab three times, then press your left arrow multiple times. Then press enter and that should hopefully have gotten it.

alright, i'll try it thx, but dont u mean right arrow to navigate thru tabs and tab key to get to the reso box?

or you could log on with an administrative account. and delete the user profile. it will ask you if you wish to save files.. yes (it puts a folder on your desktop)
then log back in and recreate the profile ;)
good luck

For winxp Right Click Mycomputer>Properties>Hardware>DeviceManager>click + sign beside display adaptors >right click on the listed video driver> uninstall and restart the computer

Kool said:
For winxp Right Click Mycomputer>Properties>Hardware>DeviceManager>click + sign beside display adaptors >right click on the listed video driver> uninstall and restart the computer
Finally, somebody said it! Oh, and obviously make sure that you're in Safe Mode when you do this.

TMT. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom