XP Pro or Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pro has many networking features, Internet Information Services, and is reqired to log into a Windows NT domain. Pro also has something called Group Policy which allows you to customize your Windows installation to great extent.

Searching the forum is a wonderful way to learn stuff, dude. Especially since this question (with exact title) has been asked countless times before.

But you probably didn't see anything right? Yeah, we know...

Anyway, if you want to know the specifics, the spec releases from MS are a great way to check off the differences.

Other than that, don't bother with Home, it's not getting updates anymore and all the focus is on Pro. Pro is more stable, more fully featured, cleaner, and more powerful.

just because it is.....Pro has more "control" interface, so to speak. You can do more, and it was created after noticing the flaws in XP HOme, so therefore, it is more stable. Pro now, it is better!

I used to use Home and now I use Pro. Both were stable, but I have to say I have not had Pro freeze up on me one time.

yes I've noticed Home is unstable at times, and Pro has much more control with programs.
there are some features Pro has that Home doesn't, like group policy editor (gpedit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom