building a new system

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenyora

Daemon Poster
Hi there Â…
I need some help with what parts to get to build a very good computerÂ…mainly its going to be used for animation and 3d modeling and a lot of gaming and multitasking (and i realy mean a lot )Â…lolÂ…..if you can help me that will be very coolÂ…..

Gimme a price range and I will build you a machine to suit your needs. Also, which would you say is a larger priority, gaming or animation?

What would help is the price range? Chances we'll recomend you with a Athlon 64 Socket 939 system because they're fast and very popular. So i we know your price range we can work everything else out.

Ahhhh.....again the price range, but best=AMD, but for animation and applications if ti isn't going to be used for gaming mostly, I would recommend a P4 w/ HT @ 3 or so GHz. I see a difference in the performance of apps w/ an intel P4 vs. the performance of apps with an AMD. Ahhh, go from the processor down.

will i spend alot of time doing both gaming and modeling so it would be better if i can have one system insted of two..something that i can use for both ......

AMD Athlon 64 FX-53 - $779

GIGABYTE "GA-K8NXP-SLI" NVIDIA nForce4 SLI Chipset Motherboard - $255

OCZ Premier Value Series, Dual Channel Kit 184-Pin 1GB (512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - $168

2* Leadtek nVIDIA GeForce 6600GT Video Card - $428

2* Western Digital Raptor 36.7GB 10,000RPM SATA Hard Drive - $214

There's all your basic parts, you can build around that and you should be all right. The FX-53 will provide outstanding performance in games, but with the larger cache it will be better for multitasking and other apps at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom