Printer Permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosdriver9521

Solid State Member
I am having issues with printing from the limited accounts on my computer since installing a new printer (an HP Officejet d135). This computer is at my office and I have a few employees who use the limited account for obvious security reasons, but they are now unable to print since installing the new printer. I am running Windows XP Home edition. I have had a different printer connected before and it worked just fine. I uninstalled the new printer and reinstalled it several times with the same outcome, and even deleted the user account and recreated it. Here's what is happening. When I choose the print option from the File menu, it brings up the print screen just fine, and the default printer shows up as it should. Then, when I hit the Print button, the task bar printer icon appears for about 2 seconds and then disappears, thus ending the print sequence. I have investigated this on a few web sites and even talked to support from HP and Microsoft, but to no avail. The reason why this hasn't helped is because they have all led me to the same steps, and there is a flaw in the troubleshooting. When I am logged in under the administrator account (my own), I am instructed to go to the printers and faxes folder under the control panel to set up limited account printer permissions. Once I am there, they say to single click on the printer icon and then hold ctrl and right click the printer icon and go to properties. I do that, and then they say to click on the Security Tab in Properties. The only problem...THERE IS NO SECURITY TAB THERE!!! Can anyone help me out... PLEASE!!! I have tried about everything. I'm about to just revert to the previous printer if nothing else works.

Will this printer work without the security settings? Meaning before you start with security settings, does it work? Another thing, what kind of printer is it..? Brand/type ect.

OK, it is an HP Officejet d135 All in One, and yes, it works from two other users, both whom have adnministrative priviliges. I can print, fax scan on the two admin. accounts, but can't do anything on the limited one. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom