How do I do that???

Status
Not open for further replies.
My post wasnt about how to pirate software, or how to obtain it illegally. My post was merely asking how to get software off my pooter and onto a disc so I can reinstall elsewhere. And you lot just jump alover me.
Before someone else says it...

We get these kinds of questions all the time, Banana Boy. Someone says they have software on a computer 'given to them by a friend' or some other variation of the problem, and they want to know how to move it to their new PC. These things usually turn out to be people who've got pirated software and thus have no disks, keys, or licenses...

...and we simply don't help with that. Not only is it against forum rules, and dangerous for the forum...but it's just wrong and no one will support it.

If you can, your best bet would probably be to just contact the person who made the PC (or company) and talk to them about it and why they didn't give you the software.

If this new machine of yours has a different OS, there's like...a 50/50 chance your manual transference is going to work.

On top of the fact that without any license documentation, you don't legally have the software. I'm not going to make the call on that, though, as there is a chance you weren't knowingly involved in pirating the software.

Then maybe you people shouldnt be so judgemntal.

A person who works for the electric board has prolly heard 1000 000 times that the money for the bill is in the post, or the bill wasnt recieved at all & thats why it hasnt been paid. I bet 50% of them people are genuine, and the liars mean the genuine people are judged harshly.

Ah forum politics, this is exactly why I dont bother with forums, everyones so self righteous when they're all together, but you can bet your arse 50% of you lot are all pirating software & running illegal shit in private, so stop preaching.

superslug said:

Maybe the guy had a psycho girlfriend who threw them all in the garbage disposal when she found out he slept with her best friend...

now that is FUNNY!!

you are right, but... i'm willing to bet less than 20% of what we usually get is legit.
now if you have the keys, the boxes and everything but the cd's i would say that is a leagal copy, and you should be able to get some sort of "replacement cd" from the maker if you "lost" you disks, however they are going to be just as judgemental when you call them so be ready.
if you call them and ask for new cd's it looks like you found a cd key online and want the program for free (just FYI) and they may not send you the disks without the spanish inquisition.

that said, i would say without the cd's you have a small chance of getting the programs moved.

let me know if you have anymore questions.

and to the comment of 50% of us prating software... all i'm going to say is, you're talking to a bunch of geeks... what do you think.
however the forum rules are black and white, and with all the crackdown on anti-piracy forums like this one are searched and scanned over looking for who's dl what, who's pirating what and how.
as a matter of fact that's how most of the anti-piracy stuff is developed, the company searches forums to see how it's being done, what's the latest developement in piracy then reverse engineer it. anything about piracy, bugs in the software or security risks in the software for "hacking" are found and fixed based on forums, so sorry if we were a little to harsh, but we're just trying to protect ourselves and this forum.

Can't blame us, sluggo.

Not only are the statistics against you...but we don't have anything but the word of a new member that what you have is legit. Since we don't like software pirates, we're naturally going to be very suspicious about this and defensive from the start.

Sorry, but that's the way it is.

So you have the programs loaded on your machine, and you have some numbers scribbled down on paper...That in no way is legal. You should have gotten at least some kind of official documentation for the software. Even OEM installations give you a PDF license (or the equivallent).

Roshi, you do whatever you want with this guy...I'm not touching it.

Hmm, it seems to me as though many programs such as photoshop have downloadable demos for potential new customers to try beofre they drop their $600. It also seems to me that many such demos can be changed into the full version when the customer calls the company and pays the retail price for a CD-Key. That way everyone is spared the expense of packaging the product.

Hmm, it seems to me as though many programs such as photoshop have downloadable demos for potential new customers to try beofre they drop their $600. It also seems to me that many such demos can be changed into the full version when the customer calls the company and pays the retail price for a CD-Key. That way everyone is spared the expense of packaging the product.
Of course, demos are supposed to be like that. But if this guy is talking about demos, then who cares? I mean, just re-download the demos. If they've expired, that's because it's time to buy!

And usually when you get a key to activate a demo, if it's a small application then yes, you've got it all, it's just locked. If it's a big application, then usually once you activate it, you have to do some kind of update or connection to pull in the rest of the libraries and stuff.

superslug said:
Heya peeps,

Im selling my pooter but theres software on there I dont want to go with it. The discs for the software didnt come with the pooter when I bought it. :(
Is there a away I can save the programmes to disc so I can install them on my new pooter?
They are things like Photoshop, Soundforge etc.

Cheers in advance for the replies :cool:

On every forum in the world. it is assume that you have obtain the software legally until you state otherwise. then you should get attacked like you are getting now

I would ignore shoobierat and roshi. if they can get a flame started, they will do it. if you say you obtain the software legally, they should just take that to mean that you have. But they like throwing their weight and arrogance around here.

that said, you can't tranfer program to other computer unless you have their setup.exe files (some of those files, might be on your old computer). windows don't support that. you can tranfer settings, so when you reinstall your program you will have your settings from your old computer.

Check you computer and see if you got any setup.exe file on it. then burn them to cd

when I first got started in the computer game (5year ago), I knew nothing about them. the guy (hencom computers) that I bought my computer from, he alway kept the software, so that everytime I jacked my computer up (I did that a lot), he would charge me outragous prices to fix it and put the same software back on it. I eventually got smarter, and that stopped.

EricB...he's being, as you say, attacked, because he has a computer with software that he does not have legally (though we haven't established that it's necissarily his fault).

He has no license, no official key doco, no disks, no nothing. Just the installations. That ain't legal, and we've pointed it out to slug-boy or whatever.

Apart from the advice we've given him, I don't see how we need to give help for illegal software to be nice. That just seems funny to me.

He's done nothing to prove any legality, and he's got a classic software-piracy scenario. Unfortunate to him if he's innocent in this, but that's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom