Beta member
I just built the following..

AMD Athlon 64 3200
DFI lanpaty nvidia 250 motherboard
(old) 512 Corsair XMS 2700 ram
(old) 512 Kingston 2700 ram
Nvidia Gefore 5600 Ultra
Running: Windows XP SP2

Main concern is when I am running my game (Lineage2), the game will run perfectly fine. However when I try to close the game it will either (1) Blue Screen Error (2) system reboots. Also at times when I try to access my HDD (F drive) at times it with either (1) stall out or (2) crash Windows.

I used MEMTEST and check if my ram is bad or what not and received no errors. I;ve also checked the games support, that their website is useless.

Other than that though the computer seems to be running very stable when I am doing everything else.

Any suggestions what my problem may be? I understand there could be hundreds of possible problems, but any suggestions of what might be my problem?

Thanks in Advance...

1. when did you build the system / how long has it been "working"

2. what hard drives do you have and how long have you had them

3. have you checked to see if there is any spyware on the pc?

4. if your game is loaded to the F:\ drive,
a. why isn't it on C:\
b. have you tried to reinstall it?
c. have you uninstalled it and then reinstalled it?

this doesn't sound like a RAM problem.

5. check the event viewer to see what errors have been generated...
you will find it like this:
start -> Programs or all Programs -> administrative tools -> Event Viewer.

if administrative tools is disabled in your start menue try this

start -> settings -> control panel -> administrative tools -> Event viewer

post what you find

thanks
~Ken

mixing corsair and kingston, eh? i've heard stories about that. how long did u leave memtest86+ running? did u diagnose one stick at a time?

mixing corsair and kingston, eh? i've heard stories about that.
Heard stories about what? It's perfectly normal and fine to mix brands of RAM unless of course you're trying to achieve dual channel.

Anywho....

Try uninstalling SP2 and reverting back to SP1, I've heard of some people getting some insane problems with SP2 installed, so besides thinking that the HD is crapping out that would be my first guess.

Also if you could tell us your voltage readings. Get a program like motherboard monitor 5 or SiSoftware Sandra and find out what your +12v, +5v, and +3.3v rails are running at.

If you look and it says something like +12v - 11.25 or 13 or something like that, then the PSU is getting taxed beyond it's capabilities. Just a thought

right on Nubius.
although i didn't think of SP2 at the time... i'd now put that at the top of my list.

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2212 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600XT (6693)

General protection fault!

History: ResourceList <- UD3DRenderDevice::Flush <- DeleteRenDev <- UViewport::Destroy
<- (WindowsViewport Transient.WindowsClient0.WindowsViewport0) <- UWindowsViewport::Destroy
<- UObject::ConditionalDestroy <- (WindowsViewport Transient.WindowsClient0.WindowsViewport0)
<- DispatchDestroy <- (10876: WindowsViewport Transient.WindowsClient0.WindowsViewport0)
<- DispatchDestroys <- UObject::purgeGarbage <- UObject::StaticExit <- appPreExit

That is the "critical error" i am receiving.

As for the HDD issue, that seems to ahve gone away.. may have been a 1 time deal....

1. built the system a few days ago.
2. HDD is a Quantum 80gig (forgot the details of it)
3. Yes checked for spywars, virus', etc
4. Like to keep my C drive just for main software, ie windows, ms office, photoshop, etc.
a. yes ive tried reinstalling several times.
5. wow i found a TON of errors under syste, and application.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: ESENT
Event Category: General
Event ID: 101
Date: 1/12/2005
Time: 10:09:10 AM
User: N/A
Computer: KREATION-FZWVPC
Description:
wuauclt (1600) The database engine stopped.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: SecurityCenter
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1800
Date: 1/12/2005
Time: 10:03:24 AM
User: N/A
Computer: KREATION-FZWVPC
Description:
The Windows Security Center Service has started.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

kreationz said:
CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2212 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600XT (6693)

General protection fault!

History: ResourceList <- UD3DRenderDevice::Flush <- DeleteRenDev <- UViewport::Destroy
<- (WindowsViewport Transient.WindowsClient0.WindowsViewport0) <- UWindowsViewport::Destroy
<- UObject::ConditionalDestroy <- (WindowsViewport Transient.WindowsClient0.WindowsViewport0)
<- DispatchDestroy <- (10876: WindowsViewport Transient.WindowsClient0.WindowsViewport0)
<- DispatchDestroys <- UObject::purgeGarbage <- UObject::StaticExit <- appPreExit

That is the "critical error" i am receiving.
[/url]

not looking good... can someone tell me if this is related to

problems with the video card...

try and run windows update and flash the Bios.
also make sure your video card drivers are up to date.

i'm almost certain it's something to do with the video card.
try and uninstall it, reinstall it, update the drivers...

Thank you guys so much !!!! Problem has been resolved.. at least i think it is.

Uninstalled Nvidia System Utility, Nvidia display drivers, AND Windows SP2. -> Reinstalled all the Nvidia stuff. left out SP2. and now the system is running perfectly. At this point still not sure if it was just a bad install of Nvidia drivers or SP2. I will be trying to install SP2 later tonite.

Once again, really appreciate your help !! this problem was driving me insane!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom