Computer Tech Store Couldnt Solve This Problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh0rtD0gg

Solid State Member
Before I begin to tell you this problem, to me it is basically unsolvable at this point.

Everything that I open is coruptted ALMOST everything, some programs will install correctly, but after a short few hours some of them will not even open, like when say I click on Dvd Shrink it just does nothing.
Ive Reinstalled the programs plenty of times NOTHING.
Half Life 2
Norton Antivirus 2005 in stalled from 2 different cd roms that have been cleaned numerous times will not install says corupted cab files or various other files corupted.
Discs are brand new and work on my mothers and buddys computer just fine.
Ive even put my buddys cdrom drive in my computer same thing happens still.
Windows XP on 3 different discs during copying of the files says a file or 2 wont install on so I have to skip the file.

Mind you If formatted my computer 7 times in 3 days, deleted partitions, I did the long format twice in a row. It dont matter still same stuff happens.
And you would think formatting would fix it all, but It doesnt.

I cant even get Norton on to check for a virus, but i used the one from their site, and one to check my memory for viruses nothing has came up.

It cant be a virus in my files or folders it would be whiped after a format or deleting my partion.

Right now I cant even open winamp basically much of nothing.

This is Windows XP Home Edition, a Legit copy.
Also Tried 2 other Legit Copies of it, same thing happens.

Any Clues, anybody who can solve this will be rewarded kindly.

Make sure the ram is seated in properly, and try to install a different OS, if your using XP, switch to 2000. If your using ME go either to XP or 2000

Hi Now I don't know how old this computer is but I repair computers,but its always is a challenge to try this over the INTERNET.I'm thinking that it might be your hard drive have you used a hard drive utility to check it for errors.Also what brand is it,and the other thing I'm thinking is your IDE ports.I'm only guessing to give you some other things to look at.But heres my thinking if it was hardware other than those items i mentioned you would probably have problems at boot but it sounds like your booting fine.So to me it seems like something with the information between your drives and your board.Why don't you post all your system specs and ill look at it some more.

It could be a virus that has installed itself to the RAM. Try taking out the RAM, you might also wanna reset the CMOS, then reinstalling the RAM.

My Memory is Kingston Pc 3200 512 sticks of Ram. 2 of them.

^
Brand New Sticks

My Computer Boots up fine, also I booted my computer from the Norton Antivirus 2005 Cd instead to the harddisk, it checked my memory for viruses and such, it came back clear.

I guess I need to check my hard drives for errors, or do a low level format.

This Computer is 1 month old, everything is new in it. EVERYTHING.

System Info

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name BRIAN

System Manufacturer INTEL_

System Model D865GBF_

System Type X86-based PC

Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel ~2394 Mhz

BIOS Version/Date Intel Corp.
BF86510A.86A.0071.P22.0411242209, 11/24/2004
SMBIOS Version 2.3

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\System32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)"

Total Physical Memory 768.00 MB

Available Physical Memory 539.54 MB

Total Virtual Memory 2.58 GB

Available Virtual Memory 2.20 GB

Page File Space 1.83 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

200 Gig Maxtor Drive and a 80 Gig Maxtor Drive as My Slave.
Pentium 4 2.4 Gigz
128 Video Card 9600 SE Radeon
512 Stick of PC3200 Kingston Ram
256 Stick of PC3200 Kingston Ram
DVD ROM 16 X
DVD-RW Microadvantage
MotherBoard= Intel Desktop Board D865GBF or a D865GLC

Thanks For All The Replies, I Appreciate it.

chog said:
It could be a virus that has installed itself to the RAM. Try taking out the RAM, you might also wanna reset the CMOS, then reinstalling the RAM.
Viruses cannot just install themselves to RAM, When your computer has the power source turned completely off it clears the memory. They only get into the ram when your computer is turned on and the virus is loaded from your HD to your memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom