Old ATI 7200, wanting to tweak

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinkertron

Beta member
I have two question.

#1 - I have bought what I though was a ATI Radeon 7200 64meg video card, but when I ran the ATIinfo on the card the information I received is that this card is a 32 MB DDR SGRAM / SDRAM. Could this be correct? Could I have just be rip off by this mom and pop computer store? Is there another software that I can run that will provide me some info on this video card? I just want to see if they match up with the same information, so that I can provide this to them if I have to take it back to them.

#2 - As I said I have a ATI Radeon 7200 (hopefully 64meg, like I was told), I have installed all the current driver and Catalyst software. I've also install RAGE3D Tweaking software. Now I need to know just from experance from anyone here, what would be a safe limit to overclocking this type of card? Both the Core and the Memory are set to 164.25 Mzh. How much can I incease this card too?

RADEON® 7200
Overview
Experience the excitement of 64MB of 3D graphics power.
The RADEON® 7200 features rapid 32-bit color 3D graphics, advanced 3D technology and robust T&L engine for graphic realism. ATI's CHARISMA ENGINE™, HYPER Z™ and PIXEL TAPESTRY™ bring your images to life providing advanced graphics performance and processing capabilities.

At-a-glance