Help!! Winxp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crysalis

Systems Engineer
I CAN"T FIGURE THIS OUT! MY SHIFT BUTTON IS LOCKED!!! THE STUPID STICKY KEYS THING WAS ACTIVATED AND IT WONT DEACTIVATE FOR NOTHING> I CAN"T TYPE NORMAL CASE LETTERS AT ALL! I CAN"T SELECT THINGS ONE AT A TIME< I CAN"T OPEN A LINK WITHOUT IT OPENING A NEW ONE! I HAVE TRIED DISABLING IT< BUT IT DOESN"T WORK!

PLEASE HELP! I"M GOING ABSOLUTELY NUTS!!! HOLDING SHIFT DOWN FOR EIGHT SECONDS TO TRY AND DEACTIVATE IT DOESN"T WORK> I CAN"T GET INTO CONTROL PANEL AS I CANT SELECT ONLY ONE ICON I HAVE TO SELECT ALL OF THEM AS IF I WAS HOLDING DOWN SHIFT>

THANKS TO ANYONE WHO HELPS ME!!! SORRY FOR THE CAPS< BUT I CAN"T HELP IT!!

have you tried using the tab key to select an icon in control panel then using the arrow keys to move around between the icons. once open you can tab through the fields to turn it off... this is how some of us older types used to have to do everything as there wasn't a mouse on my first 2 computers ;)

i got it... just a simple reboot did it. Yes i know how to use a computer without a mouse - I had to use one without a mouse for 2 years; when i was 3!! I know keyboard shortcuts VERY well. Not all young people are dumb :)

one more question, if it was truely stuck, how did you get the subject line with lowercase letters?

Roshi229 said:
one more question, if it was truely stuck, how did you get the subject line with lowercase letters?

You old wise Jedi....you don't miss a thing. Now if I can just get you to switch to Firefox.....*trying jedi mind trick*

shift.bmp
and since when does holding the shift key turn on caps lock...
sorry it took me so long, i got tired of putting all these pics on my own sight and bandwidth and signed up for photo bucket

lmfao Rage... your jedi mind trick doesn't work on me... but ahh i see your shwartz is as big as mine!

I guess the trick only works on the weak minded. My shwartz is no match for you master.
*Waiting in line for May 05*

ok smarty - the reason for the subject line being in lower case is probably due to the admin setting so that SPAMMERS CANT MAKE SUBJECTS LIKE THIS!! HEY LOOK AT MY THREAD! I CAN TYPE CAPS TO GET YOUR ATTENTION MORE THAN ANYONE ELSES!!

Holding shift for 8 seconds will turn on StickyKeys which holds down ctrl, alt or shift for you so you can type without holding it, for people who can't hold shift down and try to type an exclamation point.

Think a little bit more deep when you try to be smarter than someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom