Help building a PC under 1K

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks alot people no need to buy a sound card then if it has one on it then.. thank!

does anyway know any good places to buy most of this stuff. as i mentioned above i tried Newegg but who else is good? i want to use as few places as possible so i dont have my Credit Card running everywhere in the web

sigh another question has arosed i was looking through the Hard drives and well it says "OEM only" can someone explain to me what this means...?

WHAT IS OEM? Cleck here to found out!

Here a clip artical that I saw about the hard drive. I hope it helps.

Byline: Joseph F. Kovar

The Serial ATA hard-drive format is quickly displacing IDE drives in entry-level servers and is starting to displace SCSI drives in higher-end models, white-box server makers report.

Serial ATA, or SATA, hard drives are software-compatible with IDE drives and use thinner cables and smaller connectors that ease the cooling of servers and allow smaller servers to be built. SATA drives are hot-swappable and feature improved data throughput speed and error correction compared with IDE.

Meanwhile, high production of SATA drives has brought their ...

yea, all OEM is is that it doesnt come with a lot of the nice "extras" such as gaming software and such. It does come with everything needed to run it properly though. OEM's come cheaper, so they are usually better to get because your gonna throw away a retail box anyway (oem's dont come w/ retail boxing).

You dont need any extra's its a waste of money, you usually dont get anything extra whether you buy it retail or OEM anyway. Your going to spend a little more on a SATA Drive, and their a little harder to install, but if your looking for a faster drive, you'll want to go SATA because they can exceed 7200 RPM, like the 10000 RPM Wester Digital Raptor Drives. But if your strapped for cash I would recommend a regular IDE drive with an 8MB Buffer at 7200 RPM, any of the major brands with do, but I recommend Segate or Western Digital.

Thanks again everyone. i think that should do it if i have any more questions i'll post it on up... THANK YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom