video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgray

In Runtime
working on my pc trying to boot it up. got that fixed. in the process i removed all my installed cards. i started by putting my graphics card back first. nividia 32 mb tnt-2r3 video card. it always showed up like that in device manager. now it shows up as(standard graphics adapter(vga). i've got the monitor plugged into the the card. the other one is and onboard video card. it seems like the card isn't beig recognized. someone told me i have to disable the onboard one in the bios, but all you can do there is switch between pci and agp. what can i do

I don't think you have to disable the onboard one. If the monitor plugs into it and works, there's nothing with your vid card. Update your drivers, that should fix the problem

Thats a default driver that comes with windows as a backup till you install your vid card drivers.Assuming your using WIN XP

Re: video card
« Reply #10 on: Today at 4:35pm » Quote Modify Remove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i got the video card in and working. the driver was on my restoration disk. all the info helped a lot. now i move on to the sound card which isn't part of the original package. i've been all over the internet looking for the divers,but the numbers don't match up. the sound card is xg-ymf7 44-b-v. there are a bunch of numbered cards with xg-ymf7, and then different numbers on the end. i would assume it makes a difference and i can't find the exact numbers. there are too many choices. not sure what to download. i'm wondering if this deal will ever end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom