email sending failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurph

In Runtime
Hi
I am using Outlook 2002 and Windows XPsp2, and have several email accounts which i have been using for some time, with different ISPs. I am able to receive emails from all, but am unable to send using my primary email account "simonmurray@simonmurray.fsnet.co.uk" (this is the only one I use as it is the default - I don't know how to send using the others - help req'd also!!). Note that the test facility sends mail successfully!!

I have recently removed Instant Messaging which i did not require/want, as described on the following thread...
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38239

The email failure appears immediately after hitting the send button after email compilation, but in theory it should not appear until the "send/receive" button is used!!

Here is the error message: System Administrator - Undeliverable:
"Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:
Sent: 12/01/2005 21:38

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

a.name@example.com on 12/01/2005 21:38
550 Administrative prohibition

Looking forward to your help/comments.

Is your email client set up to simply automatically send the mail when you hit "send" in the compose window, because that error does not look like a typical error from a local machine; 5xx is server code for a server side error I beleive. Perhpas the email company recently chaned their outgoing servers to require a login, many dont. Go into your accoutn options and look in the outgoing mail server configuration for info on adding a username and password. It should be identified by something like "My mail server requires me to logon."

thnx

I have chkd and email client is setup to auto send when connected, when disabled same failure occurs upon using send/receive button.
Also tried changing to logon for outgoing emails, same results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom