Questions For A Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadeth2

Daemon Poster
I have a friend who had an Intel Pentium III 500 MHz until he realized it was just way too slow. He asked me "Dude, can you get me a new computer for really cheap?" Can you guys help me with this? Can you guys list parts that you can donate? Or whole computers? He will be very grateful. Thanks, really appreciate it.

hmm, to donate idk, just because its too slow? my buddy ran a 266 Acer last year and it did basic stuff. (albeit not the prettiest, the Major is in rougher shape). and is this guy in a huge money bind? or.. does he ... (make up a sad story, it should help:))

The problem is it itakes him to render stuff in 3ds max 7 too long. Last time, it took him 3 min to render one frame and it takes me only a second to render one frame. All he needs is something that can do the work fast...secondly, on the Raider Robotix animation team, there are only three people (me, my friend, and my other friend) versus 15 people that are on the other animation teams from other schools. To win this contest, if even on person can't render fast, then we're screwed over. So, if you guys can help, it'd be great.

Fair enough, but I regret that I have no spare parts as I am on my first computer, except a 450W psu.

hmm i might be able to donate some parts old mobo ect. but nothing faster than what you already have. and i can't cover shipping. if you want when i get home i can tell ya what i got.

Read my computer specs, it takes me 14 minutes to render a single frame in 3ds max. I think it is a matter of what you are rendering and how much detail is in the scene. Also what your rendering settings are. 3 minutes isn't bad at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom