Fan on RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a look at this ram cooling.

index.php

index.php

Its called Ramflow and its part of the fatal1ty range.
Im not sure is you can buy it sepretly.

Again....the whole point is to NOT spend money here

I think its quite obvious that the fan is floating anyway, I thought you and many others have said that a fan on the ram is pointless...
I said heatspreaders were debated as being pointless and for the most part RAM doesn't get hot UNLESS you are planning on overclocking them and adding more voltage through them which I am.

Beyond that with a new case coming I'll have a bunch of spare fans so it's something to do and it's just that little bit more of cooling ;)

Now stop posting stuff to buy or asking 'why its pointless'

Either throw down some ideas and suggestions or don't comment on it being worthless or whatever. Point is I'm doing it, it's gotta be free, nothing more

Nubius, correct me if I am wrong but it looks like the fan was actually glued to the memory's casing! Could that be possible?

Well I was avoiding coming to that conclusion as much as possible =P

I'm thinking thus far shumways idea of building a bracket might be the best.

I could do it with rubber bands, but then thoughts of the rubber bands getting old and/or weaker due to heat and simply being stretched for a long period of time and of course the vibration from the fan I can just picture it snapping lose one day and causing havok

Too bad I don't have a digital camera so I could get pictures of the case and any mods I do to i =/

You could build a stand or extended bracket and attach it to the case pannel and position it over the DIMM slots (provided that you don't have a big case window).

That could work. What do you think?

Well I think I'm gonna try it Shumways and attach it to the drive bays not the case panel. That way its an internal component and if I need to remove both side panels (lol like that's common though) then I won't have to worry about a fan being connected to it.

Currently my case has two fans on the side panel behind the motherboard, that side panel can basically never come off due to wires

But yeah basically that's the goal. Make a little bracket that suspends the fan above the RAM

Awesome man... I took a look at your case mod yesterday and I must say I was pretty damn impressed! If you manage to come up with a way to hold the fan with stability... I would really like to see this!

Goodluck!

No camera =/

I took those other photos with my brothers camera.

But yeah my current case is a bit loud and impractical. With jet fans on both sides I can't lay my case down on it's side =P

Plus as you saw the wiring is a mess. It's a midtower case with 13 fans couple hard drives and CD-Roms though so whattya expect.

I did try to clean up the wires, but there's just way too many to get nicely organized

You could use a sleeving kit. The only problem is that it is a pain in the ass if you don't have a female molex remover.

P.S. What kind of jet blowers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom