Video problems, Gforce 4 Ti4200 AGP 8x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crios

Beta member
I just did a factory restore on my pc. I've reinstalled everything, including the most up-to-date drivers.

I play DAoC and this is where I"m getting the graphics corruption.

Before I restored, and on my other two computers, the graphics are sharp and crisp. (lesser video cards on those).

But on my desktop with the Gf4 the graphics appear chalky. The futher away they are in game the more chalky they look. Almost like an oil painting if you know what I mean.

Do you know what could be causing this? I've tried fooling around with the anti-aliasing/etc features and it doesn't affect it.

I had some problems with my graphics card after I updated the drivers as well, wherein on Everquest many of the textures on character models wern't being displayed at all, leaving blank pure white spots in their place. I have a Geforce 2 MX, and the problem was that the new improvements on the drivers were making my card not display correctly, so I reverted back to the old drivers I had, and everything went back to normal.

So maybe just going back to older drivers will fix it.

Hey thanks man I figured out what is was. I forgot to uninstall the old drivers before installing the new ones. I was surfing the web and then it hit me out of no where how I had that problem before and what caused. Brain fart I guess you could call it. :p

Anyways my wifes desktop has a gf2 mx and it had a similiar problem before and that was also the same problem. You might could try that on yours. (unless of course you have developed the good habit of uinstalling the old drivers before installing new ones.)

Glad you got your problem fixed :)

I think I did uninstall first, but newer drivers I don't beleive will give a gf2 MX much of a performance increase, if any at all. I plan on getting a Geforce 6600GT as soon as the price drops a bit anyway, and for what I use my current card for now, it works just fine so I'm not going to mess with my drivers for now at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom