How do I do that???

Status
Not open for further replies.

superslug

Solid State Member
Heya peeps,

Im selling my pooter but theres software on there I dont want to go with it. The discs for the software didnt come with the pooter when I bought it. :(
Is there a away I can save the programmes to disc so I can install them on my new pooter?
They are things like Photoshop, Soundforge etc.

Cheers in advance for the replies :cool:

Do you still have the install files for them? if not it wont work really. I mean if you just copy over the photoshop files without the reg entries it could really not be happy with you......Why dont you have disks? didnt you by these programs? DUN DUN DUN... (redownload)

Is it possible to make an image of the programs files? It would need all the registry setting though with it so probly not. Cos you can make one of the whole hard drive and chuck it on the new 'pooter'

Answer the first question. Where did you get these from?

I'm not sure how you got PS and SoundForge without a disk, so enlighten us.

Well the answer is quite obvious really, they were installed on the pc before I bought it & the discs were lost.
Thankfully its been ok so I havent lost any of the programmes.

I was thinking about putting my HD in my new pooter but they guy I bought it off said cos Im running a Pentium & the new one is an AMD I may have to reinstall everything. (which would have been a later question I would've posted)
So as a safeguard I wanted to know how to take the software off the HD. I have the reg codes for all the software so thats not a prob.

So is it possible or not...?

Dunno, dude. I mean, if you bought the machine bundled with software, from like Dell or some mom-n-pop place, you should have the installer disks (not to mention the licenses and keys).

If they just came on the machine when you bought it, with no license, keys, or disks...you're done. That's it. We can't help you.

Well, I would help you out... but please tell me, what is a "pooter"? Is that the thing that squeezes out of your be-hind when you've got gas?

The computer was put together by some guy, like I said I have the registration codes for the software but not the discs, which isnt much help to me.
I will post my other questions in the hardware forum. You lot are the software police by the sounds of it! Bye!

pooter = my dog after table scraps...

if you have the registry keys (all of them) and you have all the files (all of them) then yes you can burn a cd with all that information and manually put all the information back exactly where you pulled it from. it may work, it may not...

yes you could just put the old hard drive in the new computer, it may work it may not.

(if you have) your winXP cd, there should be a utility on that cd for transfering programs from one computer over to another one by directly connecting the two. there are ways to back it up and reinstall it... but honestly if you do not have the disks for the software, and you do not have the cd keys, then someone else (more than likely) does. thus either your copy or thiers classifies under the technical def. of pirated software. and since you don't have the cd's, the keys, or the original purchase recept... i'm sure you can see where i'm going with this.

if you purchased this computer with the software installed on it... and did not pay hundreds of dollars extra for that type of software or recieve the cd's then i would be willing to bet someone else has pirated the software...

so my advise to you, is drop the dime and go buy the software if you enjoy it and use it!!

that is all the advice i will give.
good luck.

~Ken

EDIT** we are not software police!!!
we are just not in the buisness of theft or illegal activities.
we enjoy this forum and do not wish to get TF shut down or in trouble for illegal posts about how to steel software!
and we respect our members and Mods enough not to hand out such information.
there is a leagal way to do things. and we try and give LEAGAL and ETHICAL advice. if you have a problem with that, there are plenty of other places you can talk about theft.

have a nice day!

***thank you for saying it....jak***

My post wasnt about how to pirate software, or how to obtain it illegally. My post was merely asking how to get software off my pooter and onto a disc so I can reinstall elsewhere. And you lot just jump alover me.

I have the windows disc so I will try what you said.

Im not a thief, I dont even know enough about computers to know where to start when it comes to stealing software. All I know is I paid for this software in the price of the computer, I have the reg codes & all the packaging that came with the software but no discs!
Maybe the guy had a psycho girlfriend who threw them all in the garbage disposal when she found out he slept with her best friend...
Its none of my business I just bought it off him.
I buy stuff if I need it, Im no thief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom