Build together! Need help now

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallblock

In Runtime
I got my build together and am ready to start installing my OS. When I boot up the computer recognizes the HD, the floppy, and CD. After detecting all those items I get a window where it says "Updating ESCD" and then it shows "Success" It then shows "Building DMI Pool" and that is all that it will do. I leave it going, but nothing happens.

Help please!!!!!

Here is my build sheet

Motherboard DFI "LANPARTY 875P-T" i875P Chipset Motherboard For Intel LGA 775 CPU

CPU Intel LGA775 Pentium 4 550 3.4 GHz, 800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache, Hyper Threading Technology

RAM Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200

Hard Drive (High Speed OS Drive) Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM SATA Hard Drive, Model WD740GD

Hard Drive (Video Hard Drive) Seagate 7200.8 400GB 7200RPM SATA NCQ Hard Drive, Model ST3400832AS

Sound Card (High Quality for Video Editing) Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro PCI Sound Card, Model "SB0380"

Power Supply Unit ThermalTake 560W

CD-RW Read/Writer Lite-On Black 52X32X52X16 Combo Drive, Model SOHC-5232K

DVD-RW Reader/Writer Plextor 16X Double Layer DVD±RW Burner with s/w and Black and Beige Bezels, Model PX-716A/SW
Floppy Disk Drive SONY Black 1.44MB 3.5inch Floppy Disk Drive

Case Thermaltake VA3000 Dream Tower Black Tsunami VA3000BWA ATX Case

CPU Heatsink/General Cooling Thermaltake Silent 775 CPU Cooler With Heatpipe Coling Tech for Intel LGA775 Prescott, Model "CL-P0092"

My video card is Radeon 9800 256 8X AGP

I know it doesnt makes a lot of sense, but you booted your pc up with your OS cd in your CD-rom and wait for your OS( in this case Win) to set the files for the installation of win. And then it will reboot and you will install win.

However, this is just a random guess.;)

do you have a floppy in your floppy drive when you boot? Just guessing.

Tell me exactly what you did after you put everything together.

GRRRR!!!

Nubius said:
Oh man major take off that scary avatar, it's just horrid

angry.gif

The terms CMOS, EPROM and BIOS usually refer to the same thing: the BIOS.
Although the CMOS is the type of semiconductor used to store the BIOS software settings. And EPROM stands for Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom