Fan on RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
I've seen a couple pics like the one in this link:

http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22926&postcount=2

All the way at the bottom. He has the fan right on his RAM. I can't figure out how they are doing it and keeping it to stay on. Anyone know or have a sure fire clever way of keeping it on because I'm at a loss for ideas, and with this new case coming I'll have plenty of spare fans to do it.

because not spending money is the key at hand ;)

Plus the ram will have it's own heatspreaders I don't care to take off.

Nah those requires cutting and simple bolting. How do I bolt a fan to RAM?

Besides I just bought a new case so I'll just be cutting out the back fan grill and adding a 120mm on the side, but that doesn't help in my RAM predicament!

Hmm, actually now that I think about it, I believe I can use rubber bands that stretch over the fan and hook onto the hooks of the RAM slots. Think I've seen it that way before.

But still I want to know if someone else has done it or has any BRILLIANT ideas I can stea.....errr uhh borrow :p

Maybe you could make some type of standoff on the side of the case? and have the fan pointing toward's the ram instead of right on it,just a thought for ya:)

*EDIT*
Maybe you could make a little bracket coming off of the drive bay's inside?:rolleyes:

Nah I want it RIGHT on top of the RAM :p Dont want to bother cutting a hole in the side of the case for it.

As for a bracket....well hmmmm not bad, but I'd have to wait until I saw the case, but then I don't know how well I could build a little bracket to hold it :p

I think its quite obvious that the fan is floating ;) anyway, I thought you and many others have said that a fan on the ram is pointless...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom