Processor or Video Card? HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmccaleb

Beta member
I have an athlon 2400+ athlon xp (barton), 1gig of ddr pc2700 ram, radeon 9600 pro 128mb, 80 gig hard drive. 17 inch crt flat screen. Soyo kt600 ultra platnum mother board. I play Doom3, Half-Life2. I dont get good fps, and I have enough money to purchase either a new video card or new processor & motherboard. I can either get a amd 64-bit 3200+ 939 socket processor, with a matching motherboard, or go out and get a new videocard. Please tell me what will improve my gaming, ty. Preferably wich will increase gaming for Counter Strike - Source (half life2 edition)

Trust me, you absolutely 100% no questions asked want to get a new mobo and processor.

The 2400+ XP only runs with a 266FSB!! Your PC2700 RAM is too fast for that processor. So you really need to get that new mobo and processor so you can get PC3200 RAM and have a nice fast system FSB.

With those things taken care of you should be able to play Doom3 and HL2 a lot better with that card. The 9600pro is still a good card and you should DEFINITELY take care of the CPU/Mobo issue first as it's basically one big freakin bottleneck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom