win 98 shut down issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
well what you said about the 15 steps i have noticed some of what you said only applies for systems like NT, 2000, XP or 2003.

with the turning on by itself after 10-15 mins of being shut down that's just weird
so you've got the problem tracked down to the power supply? maybe it would be worth replacing it - it shouldn't be too hard to replace it as long as you know how to plug the new one up

hoping that the power supply will be here early next week so that i can give it a try. I am keeping my fingers crossed and will let you know how it goes.

As for now i am working on another computer. Just got a new (older) mobo and am trying to decided what from the old system is still usable and what i need to replace. So far i know that i need a new case and power supply.

have older monitor so i am looking around for atx power supply that i can plug monitor into to power it as i do not want to have to purchase a new monitor just to give the system away.

Any suggestions about power supply and case would be welcomed !!

thank you all so much for all of your help.

i hope so too.. if not i will ask for help before i try to install it. I have mobo manual hope that it would be of some help.

installed new power supply and computer now shuts down totally.
thank you all for your help and advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom