CPU for Antec Aria

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way is anyone putting a Prescott inside an Aria! I second Nubius, the 939 will work best in terms of temps and security in case you are worried about melting your case! HAH!

Assuming the only thing your putting in is a Graphics Card, I would add a PCI slot fan cooler if it fits. BTW the PSU runs at 18 Amps on the 12+ Rail, here is a website with a review of the case. http://www.silentpcreview.com/article146-page1.html It gives specifics on CPU temps, and what you should and shouldn't put in there, but it is a little out dated march 2004

Ahh cool blackmoore, excellent info.

18a on the +12v rail is actually pretty good.

As long as you don't have tons of fans and/or HD's then you should have no problem powering your system with that.

But still microATX pretty much sucks IMO as far as heat generation goes, especially in that cramped case.

AOpen also like I said, I don't think is a very good brand of mobo compared to some others previously mentioned but I honestly don't know a whole lot about them

Alright - i'll go with a 939. are there any that don't have integrated audio so I could slap in an e-mu 0404?

EDIT: Also, is there much difference between using x2 1GB sticks of RAM and x4 512MB sticks? Is "performance" worth the money over "value" RAM?

So, I just looked and there are no MicroATX socket 939's :confused:

AHA! I'm going to go with the Antec Overture, which'll take a standard ATX, and should be nearly as quiet as the Aria, and comes with a TruePower 380Watt ATX12V.
I'll post my new setup once i'm done researching.

I tried to do the same thing but the problem is there are almost no 939 mobo with MicroATX form factors, that I have been able to find, and two gigs of ram may be overdoing it. i would stick with 1 gig maybe 1.5 gigs. There is a way to cool the temperature down but it requires you to modify the case. You could get two 120mm fans, use a dremel tool to cut the hole for it and use mounting brackets to hold it in place or you could even drill holes for the screws. i would suggest a silenx fan because the 120mm fans they have run at 58cfm and only 14dba. but two in the case one on each side, one intake, one exaust and you could definately cool down the computer. Also the Aria comes with a pci fan cooler. The power supply may be enough but i would not put more than a dvd+-rw drive and a hard drive (Aria supports up to three hdds), the video card, and maybe a wireless internet card; if you are going to be using a 939 CPU. but don't take my word for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom