Servo's to operate when Proccesser is under load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude just use a logic circuit for what you want, make your life easy.

As for the CO2 thing thats a bad idea if you ask me. The injection of CO2 would cause a very rapid temp change, metals and silicon are suseptable to excessive wear when exposed to rapid temp changes. You may end up causing alot of damage to your kit doing that. Furthermore the reason why decompressing gas is cold is purley because its decompressing, this adds inherent instability into the system - ie you cannot model the temp change well. Also thinking about it there would be a tempurate gradient across the heatsink since the gas would begin warming up instanly, especially since it will be put in a hot environment. This temp gradient may cause the metal to warp and this would put pressure on some areas of the CPU and remove good contact in others. This wouldn't be a good thing.

Still if your willing to risk it, it would be cool to find out how effective it was and how much of an effect the dangers outlined had and what the products life expectancy was during this process.

jono199 said:
Dude just use a logic circuit for what you want, make your life easy.

Please Explain your logic circuit?, what it is?, where can you buy one, maybe point me in the direction of a website so I can read up on it. Thanks in advance!!

The best way to go about this is to hook the servo up to a temp monitor, specify a temp that you want it to kick in, and when you cpu hits (say 50 C), the servo will react.
Thats my opinoin.

Jnewt427 said:
Please Explain your logic circuit?, what it is?, where can you buy one, maybe point me in the direction of a website so I can read up on it. Thanks in advance!!

juno199 or anyone else can helpme with this??

What you could do is buy the tach that works for your cpu usage. When the wires that connect too the tach reach a certain voltage it could activate a switch enabiling the servo but youd prolly have too have a switch on the object moving so when it reaches full open or closed it deavtivates the servo.

I know alot about servos... (I'm an RC car wiz as well). I also think your best bet would be to get a heat sensor or some fan controller that could send the voltage signal to the servo causing it to open your valve. But why not just have it open all the time?

I am trying to regulate the sound and airflow, please read my earlier reply in this post for more detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom