The Beastly Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left out one small detail. The reason why I'm going with Socket 754 is not because of its being cheap. My friend bought an Athlon 64 3700+ to replace his 3400+ and he gave me the 3400+ as pay back for the time when I bought him a 6800GT "Lite" for $245. I don't want 939 and have to go down now. I bet this 3400+ oced will do very well.

I don't know anything about the 64 mobiles. That'd be nice if they were like the XP-M's and were overclocking monsters :D

But then AMD would lose a lot of money to us overclockers who buy a chip and OC it but that's the beauty of knowing about your computer!

Also on the news today Intels stock dropped even further and AMD's continues to rise.

Yeah! Score one for AMD

It is a matter of preference. And if this rig works out, then I'll like both (up until now, I never really gave AMD a chance, but who knows..).

People you need to look at it from my perspective. I have a limited amount of money to spend and I'm an overclocker. I don't care how much voltage I put through my processor as long as it runs stable and doens't burn up. Think about it, if I push this 3400+ to 2.8 GHz, I have a computer that will par or slightly outperform a 3800+. I'll be happy...like I said...if AMD doesn't release another A64 until year-end which I think they won't, then I won't upgrade until this 3400+ starts showing its age and it is relatively new, so that is all.

Yeah, I know it's all about preference...we've even discussed this in lengthy terms before :p

But still, I was merely pointing out an interesting note. People are finally starting to recognize AMD.

I know all too well about limited funds

Why do you think I told all those people who told me to go A64 to shove it....when I can get more performance out of this XP-M OC'd with some good RAM also OC'd than someone with a generic system with something like the 3200+-3500+ in it.

Beyond that, 64 is pointless until 64bit OS is fully released. It's got some nice features of course, and the 1000+ FSB of the motherboards are also nice, but until it's fully utilized, I dun care! :p

I'm hopin at the end of this month. I just dropped $400 on 1gb of some high performance RAM, a new case, aftermarket NB heatsink, Multimeter, and some other crap I can't even recall right now lol.

So I'm left with like $100 right now, gotta wait for the next paycheck and I should be able to get it.

Would be nice of course to get a 6800GT but theres just no way I can afford it and I honestly don't want to wait until the end of February to get it cause it'd take that long to get the money, beyond that I don't really need that much (yeah I know who the hell says something like that) but in terms of cost to performance it's not worth it for me currently.

going eVGA of course hopefully I can OC it quite a bit. Stock 500/1000 some I'd be nice to get even like 600/1100 but of course I'm hopin for more :p

the only 64bit OS out right now is a beta version which sucks.

If you have anything besides that then I'll assume you pirated it which will simply get you banned very promptly.

Also trying to sell something of that nature if you are trying to do also will get you banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom