Advantage of USB Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheMajor said:
The annoying green thing that pops up when using USB devices. Driver problems when using different devices on same port. Crappy USB DSL modems. Waiting for the damn modem to connect. I had bad bad experience with USB. Nothing ever seems to work properly when using a lot of devices. Dunno why, maybe I've been doin something wrong. The most annoying thing is that a lot of USB hardware comes with extremely crappy drivers with crappy annoying, useless programs that run in your system tray.

i know :( and the bad news is that it's beginning to overpower PS/2 products...

aj2003 said:
only real useful thing for usb over ps2 for keyboards and mice is that usb is hot swapable well its useful when settin comp up. i think so anyhow

PS/2 is hot swappable too. I can boot without mouse, plug it in when windows as started and it works without rebooting. PS/2 is definetely the way to go to avoid driver problems. Also, many motherboards do not support USB keyboards AND mice under DOS.

im using a USB mouse, i want to get a USB to PS/2 converter so the mouse doesnt use up one of my usb ports and the proper mouse port isnt being used.

I get better results with my logitech mx700 in the ps2 over the usb. I dont know why, but I do. The only mouse that would benefit from usb is probably the mx1000.

Just be warned, there is the risk of frying your mobo when removing a PS/2 mouse when the computer is on...
Yan

I actually do do alot, and I mean ALOT of graphic design/animation stuff. As well as some 3D. Never had any problems though, but I guess I probably just don't know that it can be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom