When you shut down XP Pro...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I tried every command they gave me, and it still just shuts down windows. It can't be my hardware, cause like I said before, when I was on 98, it turned off. This is really bothering me.

right click on desktop, select properties, screensaver, click power, advance on the "when I click the power button" option check shut down.

usually this happens because XP doesn't recognise your BIOS as being ASPI compatible
you may need to install drivers for your BIOS, or even update your BIOS to resolve this

EricB said:
right click on desktop, select properties, screensaver, click power, advance on the "when I click the power button" option check shut down.
Sorry, tried that a long time ago. Theres nothing there. I don't think my computer supports that feature.

apokalipse said:
usually this happens because XP doesn't recognise your BIOS as being ASPI compatible
you may need to install drivers for your BIOS, or even update your BIOS to resolve this
How do I do that?

You don't have this option?

desktop.bmp

Well, do a screen shot of what you have. Go to screensaver, power, advanced and take a screen shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom