Connection subwoofer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMajor

PowerQuest / Opera
I have a DSP similar to thisone connected to my computer using this kind of plug.

63stereo-jack-plug-to-2x-63stereo-skts-758_270.jpg

onkyotxsv535rearweb7vp.jpg

I want to get a subwoofer. Can I connect the subwoofer to my stereo using one of these connections? I do not need DTS or surround so I only need a subwoofer and use the 2 speakers I already have. I do not want to connect it to my soundcard directly.

What kind of connection is that thing 'adapting' to?

Don't see why you wouldn't be able to connect your stereo to the subwoofer assuming you have the correct RCA or Stereo jack connections

What's a RCA?

The jack thing goes from my line-out to the CD-in on my stereo.

I want to know what kind of connection these subwoofers use.

I am a total n00b to this :D

The answer is yes, you can connect a subwoofer with the Red and White RCA jacks. You can also do it with the red and black wire things, I dont know what they call them. But most subwoofers come with connections for both. If you go to Circuitcity.com and look at the Subwoofers under the 3D view, you will see that most of them have connections matching those on that back of your reciever. I dont know if your trying to do this with a home theater sub, or a pc sub though. Anyways, thats how I have my junky sub set up on my home theater. But I have a newer reciever that has a jack specific to the sub.

Yeah the RCA Cables are the ones that plug in and like blackmoore said are Red and white for left and right sound. Generally a yellow RCA cable is for video.

Ya know I'm not 100% sure. I just know of coaxial, RCA, stereo jacks =P

EDIT: Actually....I believe composite is quite different from RCA come to think of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom