Ready To Order - One Last Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moja

Baseband Member
Hi, okies, first of all thanks to MasterJason for helping me with this build, and thanks to neosteve too for his general help with some issues.

Well to put it simply my finger is hovering over the place order problem. Now then before i do this want to make sure everything is going to fit together. I don't want to go buying a case that is not going to house all the components (there's a lot of components).

Now then, as i have mentioned in previous posts i have never actually built my own PC before, which is why i am having doubts about housing issues. A few months back i bought this book:

'Haynes - Build your own Computer'

So having got my final list of components i decided to take another browse thru it (already read it cover to cover) and im a little concerned with regards to connecting all the components to the MotherBoard etc, and whether there are enough '4-pin' sockets or whether the MoBo will fit in the case - my book mentioned something about 'ATX' and 'BTX' and sizes relating to these, but i cant seem to see much relating to this on the sites.

I have spent the best part of the last two hours going through all the websites were i am buying the components and comparing it to the book i have in front of me.

So i'm gonna beg for your help please! Although i really want to get this ordered, i want it to be right before i actually order it. Below are the links to the components i am buying in some sort of order.

Operating System: Windows XP Professional

MotherBoard: DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 FX55

Video Cards: 2 * XFX GeForce 6800 GT 256MB DDR3

HDD: 2 * Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM

HDD: 1 * Western Digital Caviar Special Edition 250GB

Optical Drive: Plexator DVD+/- 16x

PSU: OCZ PowerStream 600W

RAM: OCZ Platinum EL Dual Channel Kit 2x512MB

Soundcard: Creative Labs Audigy 2 ZS Platinum 7.1 Surroundsound

Case: CoolerMaster Stacker STC-T01 with Side Window

Case Add'ons: Coolermaster Stacker 4in3 Device Module
(Converts 3 of the 5.25" bays into 4 3.5")

Case Cooling: Coolermaster Cross Flow Fan
Cooling Fan 80mm for PC Case

I appreciate it may take some time if anyone wants to help me with this, but i am ever greateful.

Moja

The CoolerMaster Stacker is a ****ing huge case, and I'm almost certain that it can support any motherboard you want to put in there.

I'm pretty sure you'll have an ATX motherboard, which most cases will support no problem. I'm pretty sure that BTX is a server motherboard, although I can't remember, but either way, I am almost positive that a full tower case will have no motherboard compatibility issues.

I'd honestly be more worried about stretching your cables accross that monster. :p

it all looks good man. you shouldnt worry about the motherboard size. that case is big and it's ATX anyway. if you dont have enough molex connectors you can just get a second cheap PSU and mount it in the case. that case is so big it has a lot of possibilities. Just like mine

So basically even if there aint enough ports on the MoBo, there's ways around it?

Moja

Ok thanks for the link, ill put it together and hope i dont get any promlems

Moja

by the way there doing the cooler master stacker at pc world for 69 quid might be worth checking out it

Lol i hope so :p I just want there to be enough sockets for plugs tbh ;)

My case came today, and it is very big. Didn't realise the size, still only a good thing i think

Moja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom