Adventures in DSL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Optus = Aussie-only

@Emily

I've heard many mixed reviews on SBC, but if you really want tech. support, they are generally one of the worst.

BTW, how far exactly do you live from the central office?

i've been having a speed problem at the moment too, it's in one of my other threads. i am only getting like 3 KBPS!
it started happening about when the MSBLASTER worm came out but i've checked my computer and i don't have it

Emily, once I signed up for SBC Yahoo because Earthlink DSL wasn't available, and SBC Yahoo was...I soon figured out that Earthlink wasn't available because I was too far from the central office, and I would get a horrible connection and connection cut-offs if they offered it anyway. SBC Yahoo doesn't care about the customer, so they offer it, even if you're too far. So maybe you're too far :(.

Wow, you guys are so helpful. :) Actually, someone from SBC came out today and did something when no one was home and it's been working great now. It's on all the time and it's fast too.

Off-topic: apokalipse this is a very long shot but do you happen to know anyone named Andy Scott?

You'll find that when someone comes to a messageboard with a female alias, the abundance of male nerds in need of a female's attention works to the female's advantage ;).

Hmm...so Emily, assuming you're a girl, would you like to go out sometime?

Hehe ;)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom