Windows Task Manager Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys are great thanks for all the knowledge and patience you've had with me, i have 1 more worry though i was checking the processes that are currently running, on that website that tells you what each process means. it said theat the svchost.ex files are trojans.what should i do about those ?

At the moment im not getting any error messages.

Warez Monster said:
Now doesn't that look a lot better? It's always best to do the most common thing first with this problem. Disabling all start up items. This will get rid of most your problems, as which it did. You went from 50 or 60 something, to 31. That a big jump. As of right now, I've got 26 processes, so your doing pretty good. No need to re-install your OS, and I'm glad you didn't, unless of course you are receiving a lot of errors, are you? Don't worry about the DSO exploit. That's a Microsoft thing. It's on there the moment you re-install your OS, there's a fix for that. DSO EXPLOIT FIX

This is from Microsoft:

DSO exploit is a very old exploit that has been patched by a microsoft
hotfix along time ago.If you are current with windows update you have no need
to worry about it.This report will be fixed in a later update of Spybot
S&D.You can add the DSO exploit to the ignore list in Spybot.
Or if you would like to double check weather this exploit still exists on
your system the link below will take you to a download of a DSO checker and
blocker.

Did you run Ad-Aware SE yet? Delete all your temporary files, cookies, go to your c:windows\prefetch and delete it. Don't worry about deleting the folder. It will come back. Make sure you have no programs installed that you don't need. Look for websearch or something similiar, webhancer, xxxtoolbar, etc. Let us know? Ain't this alot easier than re-installing?

ImNewAtThis said:
you guys are great thanks for all the knowledge and patience you've had with me, i have 1 more worry though i was checking the processes that are currently running, on that website that tells you what each process means. it said theat the svchost.ex files are trojans.what should i do about those ?

No they are not. they are a regular part of windows. type them up in google

http://www.iamnotageek.com/a/Svchost.exe.php

2 more tips to also help your comp. delete all temp files. delete all but your most recent restore point.

I see a huge difference in speed amd performance, thanks for all the help and also for being patient with this newb lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom