How do I Open Ports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam'n Systems

Veteran Techist Member
I want to host a server on a game called Delta Force:BlackHawk Down

But I am on a D-Link Router at home with another computer which is the main computer with the main cable hook up! Many people say I have to open my routers ports to be able to host a server to the point where people can see my server and join it!

My question:

How/Where do I open Ports on my Router?
What ports do I have to open?

:( Please Help!

Thanks,
SS

Thanks but no thanks!

I found out what port I have to open...but thats useless right now because:

A) I have no clue WHERE To go to open ports!

I am on Windows XP Professional on the PC I want to open ports and the main PC With the router has 2003 Server and Win XP Pro!

My router is a D-Link 704P

read the manual that came with your router it should tell you how to acess the router's configurations. or go to their website for info. its seems you havent even tried to do this on your own. if you are haveing a specific problem understanding the configuration than please ask. btw what do you mean by the main computer having the main cable hookup? shouldn't the cable be connected to the router? are you using some sort of internet connection sharing through a single computer hosting the connection which must always be turned on?

i think i solved it! I read my manual...fooled around with it and now i hosted a server and my friend looked for it and found it!

Thanks ekÆsine, MicroBell and Devlish for helping me!

~Slam'n Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom