Overclocking The BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke to a technician and he told me that overclocking the BIOS will make my hard drives spin faster. I need a faster system.

I think your Tech is on crack:D you can't overclock the bios,Like gaara said it is a piece of software,he probably ment to go in your bios and change the setting's for the different stuff,and by the way i don't think you can make your hard drive's go faster and if there is a way don't do it cause they are meant to go at a certain speed.

You can't click on the BIOS either. It's software dude, it's something that's run. It's loaded up at the beginning of booting up. You need to hit like DEL or F12 to enter into the BIOS and in there you can change settings to OC your CPU, RAM, and things of that nature.

You can't overclock a HD, there's no such thing. Their motors spin at a specific speed, and due to the hardware of the HD and the ribbons that transfer data it can only go as fast as it's rated.

I may be confused. Perhaps he ment to click on the BIOS to overclock?
That makes much more sense, the BIOS is a motherboard utility that can be used for adjusting settings for your system. The most common thing the BIOS is used for is overclock, however only proccesors, memory and video cards can be overclocked.

There is no way to make a hard drive spin faster, however I am certain there are a number of tweaks that can increase access speed.

Just so you know you don't overclock a video card through the BIOS. The only things OC'd in the BIOS are CPU, RAM, and overall system FSB which entails increasing NB voltages.

Video cards require programs in windows.

There really arent tweaks to increase access speed either. It can only access it as fast as the thing can spin.

There are programs like Bootvis that'll help bootup times and whatnot, and keeping your drive clean will keep the access times to a maximum but for the most part, hard drives work exactly how they are spec'd to run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom